Spammers

Phil Howard phil at charon.ipal.net
Wed Jun 3 00:18:08 UTC 1998

> I may be on the wrong list here but here it goes.
>
> Can someone direct me to the right place for complaining about a US ISP who
> continues to host a know spammer. We can block his domain but this might not
> be fair to others. I have spoken to the LA providor (who I will not name as
> yet) after he refused to answer e-mail. However calling the US from
> Australia can get expensive. Any ideas where to turn?

By all means block them, if it solves a problem.  If you have proof of what
they are doing, why not go ahead and name them, including the proof.  Or just
enclose a sample of the spam, headers and all, without any accusations.

It would be unfair to others to NOT help get rid of this ISP and/or get the
other customers of this ISP to move on to greener pastures sooner.

--
Phil Howard | crash517 at dumbads0.org stop3184 at noplace6.edu w6x0y1z7 at no9place.edu
  phil      | ads3suck at noplace4.edu a2b9c6d8 at no6where.edu eat5this at spam6mer.com