exchange point in-addrs

john heasley heas at shrubbery.net
Wed Jul 29 21:54:02 UTC 1998

how does one manage to get PTR RRs changed for exchange point addresses?

we've tried using the form below and submitting the resulting
email template as instructed, but received no response.

	http://www.isi.edu/div7/naps/ipadd-req.html

tried sending mail to hostmaster at ep.net (from the SOAs) which stuck
in our mail queue because the single MX for ep.net (flag.ep.net) is a
laptop (or so we were told).  the one time that our queue happened
to run and the laptop was accessible; mail to hostmaster bounced w/
user unknown.

then, a second MX was added (and has since disappeared), but that
host refused to relay for ep.net.

is there another path that i have missed?  any ideas?

TIA,
-heas