ALTER.NET SFO is FUBAR

John M. Brown jmbrown at ihighway.net
Fri Jul 24 00:48:56 UTC 1998

L and M exhibited the same symptoms as A and J,
otherwords when doing a trace route to these servers
I received a ICMP Time Exceeded message from the
ALTER.NET router in SFO.

At the time of the outage I gronked a perl script to
read my hints file and ran a trace to those that
were not pingable.  While crude it at least showed
those servers that were having problems.  This is
how I gen'd the list of "problem" machines.

Hope this answers your question......

jmbrown at ihighway.net
John M. Brown