OPERATIONAL : MCI - Kansas City hosed?

Sean Donelan SEAN at SDG.DRA.COM
Wed Jul 22 08:22:25 UTC 1998

>For the past 12 or so hours, we have been experiencing mediocre response
>times through MCI's core in Kansas City... has anyone heard of any problems
>there?  I haven't been able to find out anything....(now...where's my
>multi-homed link request form again???)

MCI hasn't posted anything to their customer list, but if you go
to their traffic monitoring site http://traffic.mci.com/ you'll find
Independence isn't listed on the front page with the rest of the "green"
sites.  Go down a level to the "other cities" page and query various
various destinations.  Independence to several other cities on MCI's
network reports a "red" and "yellow" delay statistic.  Before a reporter
takes this date point and turns it into a gory story, remember MCI is
about the only major NSP making any data public about their network
performance.  If everything was always "green," people might wonder if
it was rigged.

I'm sure several other folks will also post the inevitable question,
have you asked MCI's NOC about this?