Internic database updater foobared?

Sam Hayes Merritt, III harter at feeding.frenzy.com
Thu Jul 16 16:50:35 UTC 1998

On Thu, 16 Jul 1998, Blake Willis wrote:

> 	Anybody else notice that the NIC's database hasn't been refreshed
> in a while?  Some customers called me today wondering why their changes
> weren't working yet, and I noticed that the last update happened over 48
> hours ago.
>
> blakew(4)[~]> whois internic.net Database last updated on 14-Jul-98
> 08:32:30 EDT
>
> blakew(5)[~]> whois nanog.org Database last updated on 14-Jul-98
> 08:32:30 EDT

> 	Blake Willis

Its all luck of the draw.  whois.internic.net seems to have at least 2
different backend databases running.  One reports internic.net was last
updated 14-Jul-98 and the other 15-Jul-98.  I seem to remember them
moving things around the other day, maybe they just haven't gotten it all
sorted yet, imagine that.

Sam Hayes Merritt, III