NOC communications

Dean Robb pceasy at norfolk.infi.net
Wed Jul 15 02:59:34 UTC 1998

At 00:45 7/14/98 -0400, you wrote:
>On Mon, Jul 13, 1998 at 02:17:18PM -0700, Michael Dillon wrote:
>> > Yeah, right.
>> >
>> >    Dear Sprint, Vab is gone.  Since you have not updated your contact
>> >    information in a prompt fashion, your AS numbers will be withdrawn
>> >    at Midnight.  Have a nice day.
>>
>> This *WILL* be happening in the near future. Not maintaining up to date
>> contact info is tantamount to aiding and abetting DoS attacks. It won't be
>> long now before there is some government scrutiny of operational practices
>> which are related to finding and fixing failures fast.
>
>I'd love to see some proof of this...

So would I, since I've been agitating for it since ARIN came into
existance.  I even posted a proposal here a couple of months back that met
with some derision and lots of reasons why it can't happen (and one in
which my opinion carried no weight since I didn't have a membership).

Maybe if ARIN can do it, InterNIC can, too.  Then again...if InterNIC
continues in their current fashion, maybe it'll hurt them in the coming
registration wars...

Spammers:  more disgusting than roaches.

Dean Robb
PC-EASY computer services
(757) 495-EASY [3279]