ISPs in Bombay India

Jim Browne jbrowne at jbrowne.com
Tue Jan 27 06:15:20 UTC 1998

At 11:06 -0600 1/26/98, Gnanasekaran Swaminathan wrote:
>VSNL is the only game in India. Take a look at
>http://www.vsnl.net.in

Really?  When I was living in India ('95) several "software technology
park"s had been established.  In fact, I remember being connected to the
Internet for a number of months via http://www.stph.net (we even stole
several of their employees).  Back then, STPH was running access via a
metro microwave LAN to various companies.  UUNet India was a few doors down
and didn't even have an Internet connection due to some lawsuit between
business partners (or so I heard).

Of course, I'm sure things have changed by now.  I would check, however, if
there is an STP in Bombay that can provide you with service.

Jim Browne                                                jbrowne at jbrowne.com
  "[Support #] Christ, that's Tech Support -- that's not going to help you."
         - Anonymous NETCOM Network Operations Center (NOC) employee