Microsoft offering xDSL access

Dalvenjah FoxFire dalvenjah at dal.net
Sat Jan 24 06:20:24 UTC 1998

On Fri, Jan 23, 1998 at 08:57:52PM -0800, Geoff White put this into my mailbox:

> On Fri, 23 Jan 1998, ^Faust^ wrote:
>
> > Tell him to order a 2-wire alarm circuit and slap a Tut 12000 (or your favorite
> > product) on each end. Yes, I've done it. And yes, it was in P*B territory.
> >

> Their wise to that now :)
> There seems to be a moratorium on "alarm circuits"

As I understand it this is illegal; as long as the service (alarm circuit,
dry pair, whatever) is tariffed by whatever regulatory commission the
telco lives under, they are required to provide the service when asked
(and paid). I could be wrong though, it is hearsay. (or seeread, actually)

Bitch to your local regulatory commission and let us know what happens }:>

-dalvenjah
--
 Dalvenjah FoxFire (aka Sven Nielsen)  In cyberspace, noone knows you're
 Founder, the DALnet IRC Network       wearing pointy ears.

 e-mail: dalvenjah at dal.net             WWW: http://www.dal.net/~dalvenjah/
 whois: SN90                           Try DALnet! http://www.dal.net/