route ingress

Sean M. Doran smd at clock.org
Tue Jan 6 18:21:57 UTC 1998

Vadim Antonov <avg at pluris.com> writes:

> The only real solution is strong cryptographical authentication of
> the ownership of routing prefixes.   For some reason i do not see
> any serious work in that direction being done.

This would be much easier if we had a bottom-up
hierarchical addressing structure rather than the
current top-down one.

Consider the distribution of cryptographically
authenticated connectivity maps a la NIMROD or a
multi-level LS protocol, for example, for path
authentication vs. how one would distribute and
authenticate reachability information with the
current addressing structure.

	Sean.