ATM --> HSSI

Karl Denninger karl at mcs.net
Mon Jan 5 19:16:34 UTC 1998

UGH!

Note that ADSUs do NOT fully implement rate shaping and have interesting
buffering constraints.  This can cause interesting problems.

The ADSU <> DS3 solution isn't a bad one if you are going to pull less than
about 15Mbps through the line.  If you're going to pull more, then save
yourself a BOATLOAD of headaches (and heartaches) and go for the AIP card
directly in the CISCO box.

In *general*, if you're running a CISCO router, there is not all THAT much
cost justification for doing the ADSU/HSSI thing (a few thousand bucks) when
its all thrown together.

Karl Denninger (karl at MCS.Net)| MCSNet - Serving Chicagoland and Wisconsin
http://www.mcs.net/          | T1's from $600 monthly to FULL DS-3 Service