aggregation tool

Jared Mauch jared at puck.nether.net
Fri Jan 2 20:22:46 UTC 1998

	How many backbone NSP's would use a bgp aggreation tool that was
setup similar to the route-views.oregon-ix.net or route-server.cerf.net
that you would be able to do queries on to say "what might I not be
aggregating correctly?"

	I'm working on such a tool that would be able to speak eBGP to
a router (multihop or otherwise) and give this information.  I've noticed
a few providers that have /16's that announce each specific /24 or almost
each one also, this would also make it possible to generate lists of folks
that clog the routing table.  I've sent e-mail to some of these folks
today...

	Please direct responses directly to me if you're interested, or if
you have something useful on this topic for *everyone* on nanog, include
them also.

	- Jared

--
  ----------------- jared at puck.nether.net - Nether Network ------------------