How to document threats from pro or anti spam terrorists?

Steve Sobol sjsobol at devel.nacs.net
Mon Feb 23 22:33:51 UTC 1998

On Mon, Feb 23, 1998 at 10:38:42AM -0800, Sean Finn wrote:

> When an 'anti-spammer' compromises net access for a group of
> people as a response to percieved "net abuse" on the part of
> a single member of that group, that's a denial of service.
>
> The phrase 'using violence to prevent violence' comes to mind.
>
> (I wouldn't say that my government uses 'moral confusion' to
> justify it's practices, but ... ;)

Examples, please? Off the list, in private e-mail to me, because this
isn't really applicable to nanog. I'd be interested in hearing your examples.

> ... but it's my intuition that nanog might not be the place
> for this particular debate.

ditto.

> (suggestions for a more appropriate forum?)

spam-l, maybe?

***steve scribbles notes to himself to subscribe to that list***

--
    Steve Sobol, NACS.NET Technical Support [http://www.nacs.net/support]
	      sjsobol at nacs.net/sjsobol at nstc.com/sjsobol at apk.net
     Moderator, alt.religion.afterburner [http://antispam.nstc.com/ara]
	      SPAM(tm) belongs in a can, not on a mail server.