Internic PGP Auth busted

Greg Ketell gketell at cisco.com
Sat Feb 21 00:08:50 UTC 1998

At 06:49 PM 2/20/98 -0500, Christopher Caldwell wrote:
>According to the folks there, it's been down for quite some time (~a
month).
>Glad they sent us notification.
>
>They asked that I swap PGP with CRYPT to facilitate modifications for the
>near future.

hmmm to make changes you have to PGP authenticate the request....
Catch22, no?

Yes, I am being obnoxious.  You can obviously call them and have them
update all your (how many?) domains manually do eliminate the pgp
requirement so that you can then change each one to CRYPT.  [File away
that first response that has your encrypted password.  I am told you don't
ever get it again.]

It would be Much nicer if they would just fix it.

GK