Bellovin sez...

Eric Sobocinski sobo at merit.edu
Fri Feb 20 19:31:00 UTC 1998

They could, that is, unless everyone to whom the hacker attached was
doing ingress BGP filtering for all peers/downstreams.  I'm sure my
Merit RA comrades would be glad to jump in with a plug that IRR and
route servers could help facilitate this, as would the varied groups
that are working on authenticating network allocations of incoming
routes.  But that of course was your point.  :-)

--eric <ducking in case he started a religious war>