Broken domain statistics...

Phillip Vandry vandry at Mlink.NET
Thu Feb 12 16:48:27 UTC 1998

> > Tons of people have used our domain name servers without permission.
>
> I periodically audit the zones which claim to be served here.  For those
> which have been delegated lamely, I create a *primary* zone

How do you find them all? You could check your DNS logs for lame
delegations and collect a list, but that's not all that great.

I agree that the Internic should check nameservers before putting up a
domain, even though it's more resource intensive. In addition to
controlling speculators, it might just prevent or at least detect
honest mistakes.

The CA-Domain registration authority used to do this but I don't think
they do it anymore.

While they're at it, I should be able to NAK a registration or domain
modification so that it is cancelled if I don't want it on my nameservers.

-Phil