Media query: ATM

James Glave james at wired.com
Tue Feb 10 21:12:59 UTC 1998

Hi all,

I lurked on this morning's state of the net presentation, and I'd like to
do a short piece on it for Wired News (http://www.wired.com). The MAE
"fragility" and transition to ATM seems a contentious issue with many in
the audience. Is there someone on the list who would like to offer their
perspective on this, especially Mr. Feldman's observation in the Q&A that
"the gigaswitch has reached the end of its useful life."

What, briefly, is the controversy around moving to ATM for high-bandwidth
data needs? If you reply, please do so with the assumption that I may quote
you for publication. Thanks for your time,

jtg

            James Glave : Senior Technology Writer : Wired News
                   http://www.wirednews.com : 415.276.8430