Routing Registries...

Alex P. Rudnev alex at Relcom.EU.net
Mon Feb 9 18:16:02 UTC 1998

We are using local data base, but it can contain the references to the
RIPE data base (i.e. if we believe to some peer or customer, we can trust
to his information in the RIPE DBA; usially we don't trust anyone except
ourself).

Exactly there is 3 types of the neighbours:
- trusted (for example, I hope MCI should be trusted for everyone; you
can't build access filter for it);
- we get info from RIPE or some other DBA (usially it's some peers);
- we maintain routing info ourself (customers and some small ISP here).

=====================================

 On Mon, 9 Feb 1998, Ben Kirkpatrick,
ELI wrote:

> Date: Mon, 9 Feb 1998 09:32:28 -0800 (PST)
> From: Ben Kirkpatrick, ELI <blkirk at float.eli.net>
> To: north american NOG <nanog at merit.edu>
> Subject: Routing Registries...
>
>    What are most large NSP's doing in the way of routing registries?  Is
> most everyone using the RADB or a local database?  I'm working on some
> guide-lines here.  To me, using the RADB seems the best idea, but others
> have mentioned a requirement that it be kept in-house and just exported on
> a regular basis.  Any thoughts?
>
>    I'll summarize private responses,
> --Ben Kirkpatrick, ELI DPG

Aleksei Roudnev, Network Operations Center, Relcom, Moscow
(+7 095) 194-19-95 (Network Operations Center Hot Line),(+7 095) 239-10-10, N 13729 (pager)
(+7 095) 196-72-12 (Support), (+7 095) 194-33-28 (Fax)