MTU of the Internet?

Sean M. Doran smd at clock.org
Sun Feb 8 20:05:15 UTC 1998

"William Allen Simpson" <wsimpson at greendragon.com> writes:

> This is supposedly an operations list.  So, everyone, when are you
> configuring it in _YOUR_ Cisco?

Ebone will be deploying code that does RED in CEF in
approximately nine hours.  I expect BC and I will be
playing with RED most of this week, seeing how the Cisco
implementation does on congested high-speed and sometimes
high-delay interfaces where traffic is very heavily aggregated.

I am not sure anybody else has done this yet (jhawk?)
although there is some positive experience with RED on
slow interfaces.

	Sean.
- --
Sean Doran <smd at ebone.net>
Development Manager, Ebone Inc., Copenhagen Denmark