MTU of the Internet?

Phil Howard phil at charon.milepost.com
Sun Feb 8 05:40:43 UTC 1998

Paul A Vixie writes...

> the whole idea of opening multiple tcp sessions "to get better performance"
> is just horrible in any case.  http/1.1 can do serial multiplexing when
> talking to a particular server, and browsers have now got no excuse at all
> for opening more than one connection unless it's to more than one server.

I'm aware of the existance of a protocol for HTTP to persistent connections
where one object/document can be downloaded, and after that is done, another
can be requested and downloaded, and again as needed.  But I know not of any
protocol for multiplexing so that I can have concurrency of the transfers of
multiple images at the same time.  Is there an RFC for this or is it some
other kind of document?

--
Phil Howard | a4b7c9d8 at dumb4ads.edu w5x2y1z8 at dumb7ads.net ads6suck at anywhere.org
  phil      | stop9738 at anyplace.org w2x1y8z3 at anyplace.org no12ads2 at no6place.net