MTU of the Internet?

Jay R. Ashworth jra at scfn.thpl.lib.fl.us
Fri Feb 6 19:06:37 UTC 1998

On Fri, Feb 06, 1998 at 10:17:03AM -0600, Stephen Sprunk wrote:
> I'm sure we'd all like to see a reference implementation of your
> ideas.  Keep in mind that one of the primary features of PMTUD is that
> it requires no modifications to any hosts or routers, and that it uses
> only one protocol (ICMP) which is required to be implemented on all
> hosts.

But, practically, is _not_, completely, right now; wasn't this the
complaint I heard?

Cheers,
-- jra
The Suncoast Freenet      "Two words: Darth Doogie."  -- Jason Colby,
Tampa Bay, Florida             on alt.fan.heinlein             +1 813 790 7592

Managing Editor, Top Of The Key sports e-zine ------------ http://www.totk.com