High capacity wireless WAN equipment.

Craig A. Haney craig at seamless.kludge.net
Fri Feb 6 10:49:58 UTC 1998

At 4:14 PM -0600 2/5/98, Louis A. Destree wrote:
>Greetings,
>
>I'm trying to round up information on wireless WAN equipment.  I need T1
>and above speeds.  If anyone has some information on products or
>experience I'd be interested in hearing it.
>
>Thanks,
>Louis
>--
>Louis A. Destree
>Senior Network Engineer
>FlashNet Communications
>destree at flash.net

some links i have on hand...

http://www.aironet.com/

http://www.breezecom.com/

http://www.proxim.com/

http://www.wlif.com/

http://www.cylink.com/

http://www.networks.digital.com:80/dr/npg/deiap-mn.html

http://www.digitalocean.com/

no vendor seems to have an 802.11 version commercially available yet though
some say they are flash upgradeable and some are not upgradeable at all.

most have bridges and different antennas to be used in a WAN environment.

although everyone seems to be talking about the interoperability on there
web sites, when i talked to some in person they didn't promise
interoperability.

-craig

Craig A. Haney            Cando Consulting - The Internetwork People
703.448.9826 :Tel         2031 Madrillon Springs Court
703.448.9786 :Fax         Vienna, VA 22182-3764
                          http://seamless.kludge.net