Transparent Caching Solutions - Information Wanted

Paul Gauthier gauthier at inktomi.com
Wed Feb 4 17:12:38 UTC 1998

Paul Vixie wrote:

> Inktomi <URL:http://www.inktomi.com> has announced their intention to offer
> transparency but they are not an appliance (like Cisco, Vixie, and NetApp)
> and last I heard they were waiting on some Solaris kernel changes before
> they could actually ship transparency.

Paul Vixie gave a nice summary of some of the cache solutions available.

To be absolutely correct, Inktomi's Traffic Server network cache does
very much ship with integrated transparency today!  It also provides
a bunch of cache services that people like including multicast
clustering, HSRP-derived failover, centralized management, adaptive
networking and a fast raw-disk object store.  We have some info on
Inktomi's home page (www.inktomi.com) if you are curious.

Paul