smurf... still?

chris at unix.org chris at unix.org
Wed Feb 4 06:22:22 UTC 1998

On Wed, Feb 04, 1998 at 12:01:49PM +0900, Tatsuya Kawasaki wrote:
> Daniel,
>
> Try mskucher at hookup.net
>
> HookUp Communications
> 165.154.0.0/16
>
> do you think this will help?

Daniel,

$ whois 167.154.0.0
   1075 North Service Road West, Suite 207
   Oakville, Ontario L6M 2G2
   Canada

   Netname: HOOKUP-NET-4
   Netnumber: 165.154.0.0

Murray Kucher (mskucher at hookup.net, still listed as hookup's contact in
various databases) has long left HookUp; I don't believe his @hookup.net
address works anymore.

To confuse matters further, NetCom Canada has some odd ownership of HookUp,
whom I believe declared bankruptcy.  Last I heard, NetCom only acquired
HookUp's customer base.  I mention this in the event that you are unable
to find anyone at HookUp -- try a contact from www.netcom.ca instead.

noc at hookup.net may forward somewhere useful.

Hope this helps,

-Chris

Senior Systems Operations and Security                     iSTAR Internet Inc.
(613) 788-7767                                                  Ottawa, ON, CA