Transparent Caching Solutions - Information Wanted

Paul R.D. LANtinga planting at blrp28.verifone.com
Wed Feb 4 06:31:10 UTC 1998

Jordan Mendelson wrote:
> Or, if you are a "Cheap Bastard (tm)", you can take a copy of Squid
> (http://squid.nlanr.net), and an OS which can handle transparent proxying
> (Solaris, Linux, etc), a high performance RAID, and have yourself the
> equivilent. Squid is a heirarchial web cache/proxy/accelerator available for
> free.
>
> Jordan
We're cheap bastards who use squid on linux since we browse via big fun
satellite.  Of course, given RTT's in the thousands, squid could serve
up documents from floppy faster than our link can provide them.  Maybe
we're just too cheap to buy a real link.

Paul.
--
Paul R.D. Lantinga Sr. Network Engineer
Verifone India Pvt. Ltd.   Bangalore