Is the US domain screwed up, or is it Internic, or whut?

Ehud Gavron GAVRON at ACES.COM
Tue Dec 29 19:07:39 UTC 1998

jp.co.pima.az.us is a perfectly good domain with servers
	kappa.jp.co.pima.az.us
	ns.pima.gov
	arizona.edu

The root servers claim the following can give me good answers:
Server:  A.ROOT-SERVERS.NET
Address:  198.41.0.4

US      nameserver = VENERA.ISI.EDU
US      nameserver = EXCALIBUR.USC.EDU
US      nameserver = NS.ISI.EDU
US      nameserver = RS0.INTERNIC.NET
US      nameserver = NS.UU.NET
US      nameserver = ADMII.ARL.MIL

However, of those, only the first three respond correctly to a lookup.
RS0.INTERNIC.NET and NS.UU.NET give me an obsolete server (tophat).
ADMII.ARL.MIL gives me no records found.

Is it that I'm just too stupid to use nslookup/dig on a Tuesday, or
is there a configuration issue here somewhere?

Ehud