** Forged spamming going on

Derek Balling dredd at megacity.org
Wed Dec 23 06:15:34 UTC 1998

At 12:56 AM 12/23/98 -0500, Dean Anderson wrote:

>On that you are right. No one has any rights with Paul.  But thats half the
>problem isn't it. There is no appeal to Paul.  No appeals committee that
>makes sure there isn't some kind of personal vendetta or personal interest
>or otherwise unfair decision.

Wouldn't have it any other way.

>Thats why we create standards and industry organizations isn't it?  Perhaps
>a ARIN/Internic like organization should be created to run the RBL.
>Something that doesn't arbitarilly change its rules when it feels like it.
>Something that permits some recourse if it does.

As soon as "we" (and this is certainly the "Royal We" because I have no
desire to even attempt this) have some authority to do that, you let me
know. The RBL is Paul's. It belongs to him. You and I have no more right to
assume its functionality than I have to come over to your house and assume
responsibility for your car for an hour to go for a ride.

>I didn't invent the NetSol incident.  I didn't invent the MSN incident last
>year.  Those are operational issues.  You keep defending indefensible
>conduct.  It makes me wonder what your motives are.

Its not indefensible. From whence spam comes, black holes in the net
appear. It's Vixie's Law, and its in some physics texts already I think. :)

>Its you who attack my motives without any substance.  I don't have any
>ulterior motives. I run a small ISP just like many people on this list.
>I'm rightly concerned about an unpredictable person with a powerful tool
>which can affect many ISP's operations.

Only if they go rogue can it effect their operations. :)

>Whats tiresome is the continued praise of what are clearly Pauls mistakes.

Probably because most ISP's don't see them as mistakes.

Regardless, this has a list that has been created for this sole purpose.
Address your complaints there (and myself and many others will happy debate
the issue with you there)