AUTORESPONDERS : Gentle Reminder

Daniel Reed djr at narnia.n.ml.org
Wed Dec 23 03:11:50 UTC 1998

On Tue, 22 Dec 1998, Rodney Joffe wrote:
) A gentle reminder to those of you who use autoresponders when you go on
) vacation - are out of the office - go to the men's/ladies room etc.
)
) DON'T subscribe to NANOG and other lists from these accounts.
)
) Having just been bombarded by a bunch of "I'm out of the office on
) Vacation until January 5th - In case of emergency..." type messages
) after my prior message, I can tell you it's irritating as hell, and
) pretty rude.
Actually, this mailing list neither adds in a "Mailing-List: ..." header
nor a "Precedence: bulk" header, which are the two easiest ways to spot a
modern mailing list. I'd suggest you complain to the mailing list
managers, not the poor people whose [most likely] properly configured
autoresponders aren't being given the information they should be given.

--
Daniel Reed <n at ml.org>
Many a false step is made by standing still...