** Forged spamming going on

Paul Vixie paul at vix.com
Mon Dec 21 19:29:21 UTC 1998

I've got Dean listed in my procmail filters, but somebody sent me a copy
of this separately, and so now you'll all have to wade through my answer:

> >Still wouldn't fix it, as AOL is the one sending me the mails (bounces).
>
> Perhaps you can get AOL to stop sending.
>
> Actually, I think this might qualify AOL for the RBL, since they are
> sending unsolicited mail and won't stop.  Thats supposed to be the only
> qualifier, right?

"Won't" in this context has to mean "makes no effort".  AOL makes an effort.
Several of AOL's mail relays were blackholed in the first six months of the
MAPS RBL project, but AOL has been a model network citizen since then.
--
Paul Vixie <paul at vix.com>