System and Network Monitoring

Ravi Pina ravi at qual.net
Thu Dec 17 16:41:51 UTC 1998

On Thu, Dec 17, 1998 at 10:55:15AM -0500, Ashley Streb wrote:
> Any examples of this up and running?  I can see the one reference to it
> at http://puck.nether.net/sysmon/, but would like something a little more
> detailed.
> I would be curious to see how people have implemented it and
> exactly how they have extracted information out of
> it.
>
> Thanks.
>
> -Ashley

What are you looking for?  The best way to get an example is to
run it yourself.  I use it to monitor our entire network, all
production machines and each of their processes.  The system
emails out up/down pages which I send to our internal ticketing
system, to a pager gateway, and log to a local facility.

>From there, you can just imagine what can be done.

-r