Registered Class C addresses

Peter Polasek pete at cobra.brass.com
Thu Dec 17 16:56:10 UTC 1998

I apologize in advance if this is an ISP 101 question.  Is there
any reasonable method for acquiring a registered Class C address
these days?  We are opening a data center in England and need at
least 2 registered Class C addresses IP for the production network.
Last time I checked, subnetted class C registered addresses were
still available (within the Class A range), but pure Class C addresses
were not.  We very strongly prefer to avoid subnetting addresses because
this becomes extremely difficult maintain when the network becomes large
(as this will).  The reserved private range address are not appropriate
because this will not be a private network.  Please reply directly to me
and I will issue a summary to the group.

Thanks,
Peter Polasek
pete at brass.com