heads up ... another imapd attack source

Roeland M.J. Meyer rmeyer at mhsc.com
Tue Dec 15 01:17:30 UTC 1998

FYI: Not that I sell shell accounts anyway, but I additionally block all
non-http access, from *.EDU, with tcp_wrappers and my POP3 is wrapped up in
SSH. IMAPD was shot and buried(deleted) a long time ago.

At 03:13 PM 12/14/98 , Phil Howard wrote:
>Just a few minutes ago, another attempted IMAPD breakin.
>This one originated from rock.careers.csulb.edu [134.139.149.100].
>It was logged at Dec 14 16:59:56 CST.

Roeland M.J. Meyer -
e-mail:                                      mailto:rmeyer at mhsc.com
Internet phone:                                hawk.lvrmr.mhsc.com
Personal web pages:             http://staff.mhsc.com/~rmeyer
Company web-site:                           http://www.mhsc.com