[whoisdatabase at hotmail.com: Re: Network Solutions Lists] (fwd)

Steven J. Sobol sjsobol at nacs.net
Sun Dec 13 03:30:17 UTC 1998

On Sat, Dec 12, 1998 at 07:59:43PM -0500, Larry Snyder wrote:
> write a programatic workaround.  This specific mailing is in violation
> of qual.net's AUP III.B.3....so gripe to them.  And support Smith.
> ..."an Opt-In list of".......Get Real!
> -ls-  (LS11)

Complain to EZnet (looks like they host the website) and e-i too (e-i
has an open relay with a broken Sun implementation of Sendmail that doesn't
stamp the IP address of the originating machine.)

I have to agree with Larry. You need to have public access to the database...
it's a double edged sword. I *would* let Network Solutions know about this
geek, since said geek seems to be attempting to leverage the NetSol name
for his own financial gain.

> From: whoisdatabase at hotmail.com
> Date: Sat, 12 Dec 1998 22:33:48 GMT
> To: internicwhois at hotmail.com
> Subject: Re: Network Solutions Lists

> We can show you how to generate so much traffic,
> that it could possibly CRASH your ISP's server!
> That's right!

Cool. Initiate a DoS attack on your own web server. :D

Morons... (the spammers, not the people complaining :)

--
Steve Sobol [sjsobol at nacs.net]
Part-time Support Droid [support at nacs.net]

Proud resident of Cleveland Heights, Ohio, the coolest place on earth.
http://www.ClevelandHeights.com