Ignorant mass-media strikes again

Jay R. Ashworth jra at scfn.thpl.lib.fl.us
Thu Dec 10 00:07:43 UTC 1998

On Wed, Dec 09, 1998 at 02:24:00PM -0800, Tony Li wrote:
> avg at alink.net (Vadim Antonov) writes:
> > Am i paranoid, or is mass-media hell-bent on propaganda of antisocial
> > behavior in the Internet?
> >
> > Or are they just really clueless?
>
> They found out a long time ago that controversy and sensationalism sells
> papers.  This predates the Internet or its founders.

Never ascribe to malice that which can be adequately explained by
stupidity.  -- Lazarus Long, among others.

They're just _really_ clueless.  They don't understand "the _right_
answer"... if the answer works, they'll promote it.

Kind of like the UDP meltdowns when I-phones first hit.

Cheers,
-- jra
Member of the Technical Staff     Buy copies of The New Hackers Dictionary.
The Suncoast Freenet            Give them to all your friends.
Tampa Bay, Florida     http://www.ccil.org/jargon/             +1 813 790 7592