identify hostname

Dean Anderson dean at av8.com
Wed Dec 2 02:32:45 UTC 1998

True enough.  But it would cut out most of the the problems with really
small customers (such as the /30's which were mentioned ;-)

Sure there are some cases that are hard or impossible to account for, but
it would be helpful for ISP's to take a stance that "here's your address
space. Unless you tell us otherwise, we assume its not subnetted, and we
will block your broadcast addresse.  If you subnet or otherwise change your
broadcast address, you will need to notify us"

I guess what I'm saying is that for many, the default is to do nothing. The
default should be different where possible.

		--Dean

           Plain Aviation, Inc                  dean at av8.com
           LAN/WAN/UNIX/NT/TCPIP          http://www.av8.com