Black Hole Vixie/RBL

Steven J. Sobol sjsobol at nacs.net
Tue Dec 1 19:54:02 UTC 1998

On Tue, Dec 01, 1998 at 12:18:51PM -0500, Dean Robb wrote:
> At 13:06 11/30/98 -0500, you wrote:
> >
> >BBBZZZTTT yourself. Blocking email is an interception under the ECPA (18
> >USC 2511 et al).  It has been reported here previously that
>
> *Sigh*...again with the misquoting of the law.  First READ the law in
> question, then supply a Court opinion that blocking is interception (since
> it's the courts that interpret the law) if you still disagree.

Dean^2,

This exact discussion has played out at least once or twice before on NANOG.
Please go read the archives. I think at this point, no matter who is right,
the argument is a waste of bandwidth.

Both of you are receiving two-minute penalties. Go sit in the penalty box
and chill. :>

--
Steve Sobol [sjsobol at nacs.net]
Part-time Support Droid [support at nacs.net]

Spotted on a bumper sticker: "Possum. The other white meat."