BBN/GTEI

Karl Denninger karl at mcs.net
Tue Aug 25 23:38:53 UTC 1998

On Fri, Aug 21, 1998 at 03:59:30PM -0700, Robert Bowman wrote:
> Isn't being a pioneer doing best-exit to eliminate the cost imbalances?
> I thought that was the whole idea behind what BBN/Exodus were doing.

That is nice, but it doesn't change the fundamentals of what is going on.

That is, even if someone is NOT doing "best exit" (or there is only one
exit) that doesn't change the fact that the transit customers on the other
network paid in part so they could get there!

Karl Denninger (karl at MCS.Net)| MCSNet - Serving Chicagoland and Wisconsin
http://www.mcs.net/          | T1's from $600 monthly / All Lines K56Flex/DOV