BBN/GTEI

Paul Vixie paul at vix.com
Fri Aug 21 19:36:10 UTC 1998

web at typo.org (Wayne Bouchard) writes:

> IMO, asymetry is not a valid requirement for a private
> interconnect. NOT having the interconnect hurts both companies.

it hurts them asymmetrically though.  or, that's the bet at any rate.

regardless of whatever we all charge or pay that's measured in bits
per second per month or whatever, the costs are all in terms of bit-
miles.  ultimately this means you can only peer with someone whose
costs are similar to yours, almost regardless of the benefit they
receive from peering with you.
--
Paul Vixie
La Honda, CA			"Many NANOG members have been around