BBN Peering issues

cheops POP giza at cheops.mv.com
Wed Aug 19 02:21:59 UTC 1998

> If your traffic is largely based on "client" side applications
> then guess what, your gonna have a lot of in-bound traffic.
> This whining is tantamount to AT&T whining about MCI clients
> calling their moms who have AT&T long distance!  If your business

duh! this is "settlement" as Jeremiah Kristal so kindly reminded me.
I guess the idea of settlement seemed so bizarre I dismissed it.
(if I could only hide behind the satire it was thought to be,=)

> model doesn't account for such anomalies, what are ya gonna do?
> ask mom for a charge on her incoming calls?)

The point _was_ that if your highly dependent on dialup users who
sit in front of a browser then your gonna get thwacked.  I'll shutup
now.

-pete