DNS Headaches.

Sean Donelan SEAN at SDG.DRA.COM
Sat Aug 15 11:32:00 UTC 1998

That'll teach me not to ignore the first lesson in all the 'security
awareness' classes.  If something seems odd, it probally is, and should
be reported.  Name resolution was sluggish enough I thought Hmm? when I
first logged in yesterday.  But the name resolved, and I had fun-filled
day pending with the United States Post Office about something else so
the odd DNS delay was quickly forgotten.

Any reports if this was just an "Oops"(tm), or another Kasporov-type incident?
a.root-servers.net is running BIND 8.1.2-T3B.  I didn't notice any security
patches between the beta and the final release of 8.1.2.