BBN Peering issues

Owen DeLong owen at DeLong.SJ.CA.US
Fri Aug 14 14:43:02 UTC 1998

The following is purely my opinion and has nothing to do with my employer,
although in this case, my employment situation prevents me from saying
what I really think should be said.

There are a lot of things that should be said here.  However, due to NDAs
and company policies, I am not allowed to say most of them.  However, I
will say this:

	1.	At least one provider being cut off is a peer.
	2.	BBN's customers will feel pain when that provider is cut off.
	3.	That provider's customers will also feel pain.
	4.	BBN has not worked with that provider to resolve this privately
		under NDA.
	5.	The NDA which was part of the soon-to-be former peering arrangement
		prohibits the disclosure of many details that would be important
		here.
	6.	I suspect it will take much more than an hour for BBN to resolve
		this once they have taken the actual step of disconnecting any
		of these providers.

Owen