What happened?

Steven J. Sobol sjsobol at nacs.net
Fri Aug 14 00:07:06 UTC 1998

On Thu, Aug 13, 1998 at 04:29:53PM -0700, Joe McDonald wrote:

> Looks like InterNIC is cleaning house.  Some 48,000 domains disappeared
> from the roots last night.

Didn't they check to make sure they weren't deleting valid domains?!

This is worse than the time I worked on the phone with one of their support
people and they screwed up and changed the domain record to "nacs.com", which
effectively removed NACS.NET from the database altogether. I bet the National
Association of College Stores wasn't too happy either. (They are nacs.com.)

--
Steve Sobol, Cartel Member #1489 (tinc)

Quote of the year: "If Bill [Gates] were tan, buffed and weighed 240 pounds, I
bet people would dig IS." - Michael Cohn, COMPUTERWORLD Magazine, 8/3/98.