BBN Peering issues

Michael Dillon michael at memra.com
Wed Aug 12 15:32:10 UTC 1998

On Wed, 12 Aug 1998, Nathan Stratton wrote:

> > What I would like more than anything right now is some official word from
> > high-up's at BBN regarding what this policy entails exactly, and what
> > their rationale is behind it.

Here is a news story from yesterday with quotes from John Curran
http://www.zdnet.com/intweek/daily/980810h.html

> You know what is behind it, you mentioned it two paragraphs below,
> capitalism. BBN can make more money this way.

That is yet to be seen. If this move reduces the quality of connectivity
for their customers they could lose a lot of business too.

--
Michael Dillon                 -               Internet & ISP Consulting
Memra Communications Inc.      -               E-mail: michael at memra.com