product lit spams

Steven J. Sobol sjsobol at nacs.net
Tue Aug 11 22:44:06 UTC 1998

On Mon, Aug 10, 1998 at 09:33:14AM -0400, Christian Kuhtz wrote:

> May I suggest: abuse at bellsouth.net?
>
> If you guys got specific issues of non-responsiveness or blatant
> wrong-doing, let me know, otherwise, this is a waste of all of our time.

I think what I'm going to do is talk to the people on spam-l, gather some
incidents from them (I may have one or two incidents, but they undoubtedly
know of incidents that I don't), condense them to whatever extent I can, and
present them to you that way.

If you can go to your colleagues or supervisors and give them a whole
bunch of examples of the problem, I'm sure it will have more impact than
just one or two examples.

Again, the problem is NOT with dialup accounts... my personal experience
is that Bellsouth responds to complaints about dialups within 24 hours,
and nukes the accounts. THe problem is with Bellsouth-hosted web sites.

Thanks very much for your interest in helping to solve the problem.

--
Steve Sobol, Cartel Member #1489 (tinc)

Quote of the year: "If Bill [Gates] were tan, buffed and weighed 240 pounds, I
bet people would dig IS." - Michael Cohn, COMPUTERWORLD Magazine, 8/3/98.