Possible scam: "Network Abuse"

Vadim Antonov avg at pluris.com
Wed Aug 5 08:18:27 UTC 1998

Begging?  That may be a lot more malicious. "Give me your firewall's
password so i can fix it".  Sure, dude.

--vadim

Date: Tue, 04 Aug 1998 20:46:51 -0700 (MST)
From: Ehud Gavron <GAVRON at ACES.COM>
Subject: Possible scam: "Network Abuse"
To: nanog at merit.edu
Cc: GAVRON at ACES.COM
Sender: owner-nanog at merit.edu

--Boundary_[ID_5lnQtjNa7nT7upy77S5Jzg]

This "fellow" sent out this email.

Unfortunately, our networks were not used to attack him (or anyone),
and upon request for NTP-stamped logs, he quit responding to email.

I recommend warning your downstreams that this kind of scam is only
just begging.  Imagine... $100 for "no ip direc...."

--Boundary_[ID_5lnQtjNa7nT7upy77S5Jzg]