SMURF AMPLIFIER BLOCK LIST -- VERY LARGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOC NOC at mercury.balink.com
Thu Apr 30 19:44:58 UTC 1998

Erik,

The script I wrote isn't really that smart... It just looks for two IP's
within the same /24 that were sending some kind of ICMP packet to the
victim machine.  Since NetFlow logs don't break ICMP down to the type
and codes, I had to unilaterally make that decision.  If your network is
clean, I sincerely apologize for any embarrassment or hassle this may
have caused, and I will remove it from the list.

Regards,
Christian