VLSM and CIDR information digest and thanks...

kbrown at primelink.com kbrown at primelink.com
Tue Apr 28 00:03:37 UTC 1998

Everyone...  I appreciate everyone's response to my basic questions on
these topics.  I've got a truckload of sources to read from now. :=)
For the record, and the archives... the most useful documents I was
referred to, or found most helpful were:

RFC1518- An Architecture for IP Address Allocation with CIDR
http://www.arin.net/rfc/rfc1518.txt
RFC1466-Guidelines for Management of IP Address Space
http://www.arin.net/rfc/rfc1466.txt
RFC1519-CIDR: an Address Assignment and Aggregation Study
http://www.arin.net/rfc/rfc1519.txt
RFC1878-Variable Length Subnet Table for IPv4
http://www.arin.net/rfc/rfc1878.txt
CIDR FAQ
http://www.rain.net/faqs/cidr.faq.html
Understanding IP Addressing: Everything you Ever Wanted to Know
http://www.3com.com/nsc/501302.html

Once again, thanks to everyone who assisted me in locating this
information, and hopefully with this mail in the archives, the next
"junior" won't have to ask the question.