ARIN Services

Stephen sprunk at csi.net
Fri Apr 24 23:09:28 UTC 1998

The more correct solution would be for ARIN to move to a RIPE-ish whois
server.

Then again, why should ARIN use industry standard, public domain
software, when they can use NSI's proprietary system?  Obviously, RIPE,
APNIC, RIPN, MCI-RR, RADB, CA*NET, 6BONE, etc. are all fools for using
that darn free stuff...

Anyone who uses the RADB can attest to how well the IRR databases share
information, both with each other and with daily dumps.  Too bad NSI and
now ARIN don't want to play nice with the other children.

Tip of the day:  You can make a "normal" whois client act more like a
RIPE whois client by putting a -- before the RIPE-specific options.

Stephen

Stephen Sprunk, KD5DWP   "Oops."            Email: sprunk at paranet.com
Sprint Paranet            -Albert Einstein  ICBM:  33.00151N 96.82326W