cflowd - works?

Leigh Porter leigh at wisper.net
Fri Apr 24 15:43:08 UTC 1998

Hiya,

Thanks to the folks who posted the cflowd data, and to the anonymous
scripter :)

After getting cflowd to compile on a Linux box, it starts fine and two
processes appear, bound to UDP port 2055 - seems OK. Some files are
created in /var/tmp (I left the default on for now!) and all seems OK.

But no data is collected..

I assume all that is required on the router is:

ip flow-export 10.45.16.92 2055

An strace ran on the cflowd process shows it just waiting for select
calls to timeout on both processes.

Looks like the router is not sending anything out, it's running 11.2(9)P

on a 7507 with 96Mb memory.

Does the Cisco require any special software for this?

Regards,
--
Leigh Porter