ARIN Services

James R. Cutler James.Cutler at iscg.eds.com
Fri Apr 17 10:36:10 UTC 1998

Actually, for a database server (as opposed to a transport mechanism
which should NEVER have down time) the best time for changes is in
the middle of the work day.  There is less chance of error due to
fatigue. There is no overtime requirement. There is usually a full
crew on hand to test and verify and, possibly, clean up in case of
less than full success.

	JimC

At 2:09 PM -0600 4/16/98, Forrest W. Christian wrote:
<snip>>
>The point I was trying to make was that if you HAVE to take something down
>at ARIN, daylight hours for the americas is probably NOT the best time to
>do it:
<snip>
>- Forrest W. Christian (forrestc at imach.com)
>iMach, Ltd., P.O. Box 5749, Helena, MT 59604      http://www.imach.com
>Solutions for your high-tech problems.                  (406)-442-6648

-
James R. Cutler
EDS , 800 Tower Drive, Troy, MI 48098
Phone: +1 248 265 7514   FAX: +1 248 265 7514
EDS Internal Web: <http://www.iscg.eds.com/cutler/>
World Wide Web: <http://www.ltu.edu/midecus/dechtm/cutler/cutler.htm>