ARIN Services

Jeremiah Kristal jeremiah at fs.IConNet.NET
Wed Apr 15 18:50:27 UTC 1998

On Wed, 15 Apr 1998, David Lesher wrote:

> Brian Horvitz sez:
> >
> > I would think at the very least, this 4 hours could be over night rather
> > than the middle of the day.
>
> "It's always September somewhere......"

While that is true, ARIN is the "AMERICAN Registry of Internet Numbers",
and should therefore attempt to minimize the inconvenience of the vast
majority of it's members.  (Yes, I understand ARIN is responsible for
South America and Africa, probably also Antarctica; the vast majority of
ARIN members are within 4 time zones.)
I would love to be able to do major maintenence during the day, my paying
customers would be justifiably furious.  As a member (paying customer) or
ARIN, this is unacceptable, and I hope someone operationally at ARIN gets
half a clue.

Jeremiah Kristal
Senior Network Engineer
ICon CMT Corporation